How can we help you and your child with their educational needs?
- RWA is a member of the Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA)
- The RWA staff is knowledgeable in ASD Special Education policies and practices.
- Advocates will look over previous IEP reports, recent data
from school and outside agencies.
- We are experts in developing plans for children with various learning and attention concerns.
- Staff will work with the family to identify needs prior to the meeting, inlcuding the goals and your visit accommodations.
- We are able to assist with the next steps when a child is not eligible for services, as well as assist with amending an IEP that is not working for the child.
Reading Write Alaska can offer a range of ways to coach you through this extensive process:
- Direct advocacy and representation in IEP, 504 Plan, and Eligibility meetings
- IEP Reviews
- IEP Development
- 504 Plan Development
- Educational Planning
- School Observations
- Monitoring of Progress and Provision of Services
SEE ATTACHED FLYER
"The scores on our daughter’s most recent re-evaluation are jawdropping. She has gone from reading 13 words on a word identification subtest to 113 words in a year!! Her score went from 67 to 107! Her spelling score went from a 77 to a 99! She was at an early first grade reading level last year and is now testing at mid third grade! We are so thankful for sweet Miss Lori and all she’s done for us!"