Speech Therapy in Eagle River and Anchorage, AK
One of the many tools that we use is the “Math-U-See” program. The “Math-U-See” program is a small group or 1:1 setting. Using manipulatives, we build understanding, not memorization.
Our math placement assessment is free of charge and provides necessary information regarding skills which need to be taught to improve your student’s overall mathematical abilities. From serving as a full math class for our homeschool students, to providing a little homework help, our math instructors will provide a personalized program for your child in a 1:1 setting.
Some of the options for math services we offer:
1) Homework help in your student’s current course
2) Multi-sensory instruction for their current course (present the material from a different perspective)
3) Administer a placement test and work on attacking any “gaps” in their math foundation
Options two and three could allow for your child to become “caught up” in their current course with the goal to introduce material prior to the classroom presenting it. This can promote confidence in math and increased self-esteem in their academics.
- Using manipulatives, we build understanding, not memorization.
- Placement is based on skill level, not grade level
- All of the concepts and procedures of Common Core for Mathematical Content are articulated.
- Material covered ranges from kindergarten to calculus
- Teacher-directed instruction
- Frequent cumulative review
- Short-cycle assessment and progress monitoring
Our programs are for all types of students – from those who struggle with math to those who are gifted and would like more individualized instruction. The process ensures understanding which makes math enjoyable, and ultimately fun!
"The scores on our daughter’s most recent re-evaluation are jawdropping. She has gone from reading 13 words on a word identification subtest to 113 words in a year!! Her score went from 67 to 107! Her spelling score went from a 77 to a 99! She was at an early first grade reading level last year and is now testing at mid third grade! We are so thankful for sweet Miss Lori and all she’s done for us!"