Language & Speech Therapy
We provide pediatric speech and language therapy to children with speech, language, auditory language processing, and developmental delays. We work together to implement the latest, most innovative techniques to fill in the gaps in their development, prevent further delays as they develop, and provide them the foundation necessary for success as they grow.
We’re qualified to evaluate and treat a variety of speech and language impairments including:
- Comprehensive speech and language assessments, including thorough evaluations for Dyslexia
- Articulation (speech sounds)
- Expressive and Receptive Language Delays
- Auditory/language processing (therapy to address poor listening skills such as difficulty paying attention to and remembering information presented orally, carrying out multistep directions and processing language).
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Early Intervention for ages 2-5 including reading readiness and development.
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech. We have therapists trained in both PROMPT and Kaufman.
- Oral motor (therapy to address movement, range of motion, strength and precision of the oral structures for speech and swallowing)
- Feeding therapy
At Reading Write Alaska, our highly trained staff is ready to serve you and your family if you’re in need of a speech therapist.
Speech Therapists use a wide range of techniques and strategies that are customized for each child’s particular challenge. We know that each child is unique and we create individualized care plans for each child.
Speech Therapy is often thought of as the avenue to help teach children how to say their speech sounds correctly. However, speech therapy goes way beyond just teaching speech!
"The scores on our daughter’s most recent re-evaluation are jawdropping. She has gone from reading 13 words on a word identification subtest to 113 words in a year!! Her score went from 67 to 107! Her spelling score went from a 77 to a 99! She was at an early first grade reading level last year and is now testing at mid third grade! We are so thankful for sweet Miss Lori and all she’s done for us!"