Speech Therapy in Eagle River and Anchorage, AK
Speech & Language
Our certified Speech Language Pathologists are here to help your child develop skills needed for successful communication. How can we help?
We’re qualified to evaluate and treat a variety of speech and language impairments including:
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Expressive and Receptive Language Delays
- Early Intervention for ages 2-5 (Including Hanen certified therapists)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech. We have therapists trained in both PROMPT and Kaufman.
- Social Skills (including Social Skills groups at the Elementary, Middle, and High School Level)
- Feeding / Swallowing / Picky Eater
Speech Therapists use a wide range of techniques and strategies that are customized for each child’s particular challenge. We know that each child is unique and we create individualized care plans for each child.
Speech Therapy is often thought of as the avenue to help teach children how to say their speech sounds correctly. However, speech therapy goes way beyond just teaching speech!
"The scores on our daughter’s most recent re-evaluation are jawdropping. She has gone from reading 13 words on a word identification subtest to 113 words in a year!! Her score went from 67 to 107! Her spelling score went from a 77 to a 99! She was at an early first grade reading level last year and is now testing at mid third grade! We are so thankful for sweet Miss Lori and all she’s done for us!"